Posting to stored procedure vs. posting to synonym of stored procedure

From: Job Miller <jobmiller_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Mar 2002 10:28:51 -0800

Data Access Descriptor created for USER_A

USER A has executed:

create synonym procedure_a for USER_B.procedure_a create synonym procedure_b for USER_B.procedure_b

USER B has executed:

grant execute on procedure_a to USER_A
grant execute on procedure_b to USER_A

procedure_a generates web form that posts to procedure_b

This only works if web form posts to USER_B.procedure_b. If form posts to synonym (procedure_b) OWS gives ORA-6550, which i think is the wrong number or type of arguments error. It lists the parameters passed to it which are all correct.

However, I can execute the procedure via the synonym supplying named arugments through sql*plus and see the results with owa_util.showpage which works fine.

why won't the OWS do the same thing? do the arguments get messed up when routed through the synonym?

would making the synonym PUBLIC change that any? I wouldn't think it would since the schema owner is the one using the synonym, but I don't have any idea why using the synonym doesn't work.

Job Received on Fri Mar 15 2002 - 19:28:51 CET

Original text of this message