Re: User Functions

From: Adrian Billington <billiauk_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 14 Mar 2002 01:11:27 -0800

> Do I need to have any special accesses to define the function?

If you have the RESOURCE role GRANTED to your USER, you should be OK. Else you need CREATE PROCEDURE granted to you.

> Do I need to define the function only once, or should I always include
> it each time I execute the query?
You CREATE the function - that is COMPILE it on the database once only. Once you've done that, Oracle knows you have that function and knows where to find it and what it does, so you can reference it in your SQL or PL/SQL from within your own SCHEMA (unless you GRANT EXECUTE to other users or public in which case they can use it also...)

HTH Adrian Received on Thu Mar 14 2002 - 10:11:27 CET

Original text of this message