Inserting into DataBase from XML

From: Carlos Castrillon <ccastrillon_at_gfi-info.com>
Date: 13 Mar 2002 06:58:16 -0800

Hello,

We need both:
Generating XML from DataBase Schema and Inserting into DataBase from XML but over all we need to populate a DataBase with data from XML document.

I was looking for information about how to do it, and I found that Oracle 8i database and 9i comes with a set of tools to work with XML called XDK (XML development toolkit).

We don't want to spent a lot of time, because our XML is very simple. We found the XSU (XML SQL utility), but this utility doesn't seem to work with JDBC drivers diferent from 8i or 9i.

Our question are:
¿Does XSU work with JDBC drivers for 8.0.5 database? ¿What can we do if our database is Oracle 8.0.5?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos Castrillón Received on Wed Mar 13 2002 - 15:58:16 CET

Original text of this message