signal 10 bus error after orlon call at pthread_mutex_lock + 5C

From: Dierk Groeneman <dgroenem_at_inovant.com>
Date: 13 Mar 2002 07:21:33 -0800

Can anyone suggest a way around this problem? A kernel parameter I can tweak?

My environment is HP-UX 10.20 with Oracle 7.3.4.

The last thing I can trace on the application side before the bus error occurs is a call to an Oracle database logon function named orlon. The same application programs go down with the bus error no matter how many times I run them; others sail right through the Oracle logon without incident no matter how many times.

I'm not able to trace the Oracle code or the system calls, partly because I'm not too handy with the HP-UX debugging tools. xdb is a handful and may only be partially installed, as near as I can tell. What other tools should I be using to trace this further into Oracle and the kernel?

Searching Google groups has turned up reports of similar problems but no resolution that I can use. I've also posted this question to comp.sys.hp.ux.

I'm fresh out of bright ideas on this one and would be grateful for any assistance. Received on Wed Mar 13 2002 - 16:21:33 CET

Original text of this message