Re: No Oracle Client

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:31:46 GMT

I don't think you are correct. Here is part of their literature: "Oracle driver for dbExpress (DBExpOda) provides direct high performance access to Oracle database server. It can work using Oracle Call Interface (OCI) or SQL*Net directly. DBExpOda supports Oracle 7, Oracle 8, Oracle 8i and Oracle 9i. Driver requires Oracle software installed on client side to access through OCI. In case of working through SQL*Net TCP/IP protocol required only.
"
Sql net is the client software. OCI is a the Oracle call interface and on the windows platform it is a dll that uses the client software. You still need to install the client software. These in fact may be good drivers, but you still need the Oracle supplied piece. Jim

> > Why not? The client alone isn't really very useful. I would ask
 Oracle,

> [...]
 ODBC
 on
 how