Maddening - Creating a stored procedure for use in Crystal Reports

From: Some person <thesynner_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 03:57:51 GMT

I've done this before, but I'm very rusty on Oracle.

Can someone supply a link to a resource, or better yet, the SQL to create a procedure in Oracle?

Let's say I have 2 tables that I'll want to join, with one parameter and return data from:

The parameter is called _at_start_date here

select orders.order_number, lineitems.product, lineitems.qty from
orders, lineitems
where
orders.order_id =+ lineitems.order_id
and
orders.order_date >= _at_start_date

How would I create a stored procedure and whatever packages are required to return this data???

I've been trying for hours and I can't seem to get to the point where I have a package which correctly references a procedure that can be seen from Crystal reports.

The overall procedure/package/package body dynamic is unclear to me, the Oracle documentation says brilliant things like "you don't always need a Package Body". Well that's fine with me, what do I require, and what is the dynamic?

Thanks for any help you might have.

[...]

Thanks for any help you might have. Received on Sat Mar 09 2002 - 04:57:51 CET

Original text of this message