Unix programming for Oracle

From: David Cawkwell <dcawkwell1_at_dcawkwell1.dabsol.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:10:33 -0000

Hello,

I thought I would start here.

I will need to write an application on a Unix machine which talks to an Oracle database
server. The application and database will be on a different machine possibly different OS.
Could someone point me in to the right place to start programming with Oracle on Unix. The programming language will be C/C++.

What do I need to install on the Unix application server? I've seen a few details about
a bequeth driver which I assume is something like ODBC.

Thanks for any help. Received on Thu Mar 07 2002 - 17:10:33 CET

Original text of this message