Re: Installing Oracle using Sol817_000920_rel.cpio

From: Jack Sanders <jack.sanders_at_tinker.af.mil>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:40:34 -0600

Thanks for the info Joe. But, I don't have the Solaris box connected to the network, and my swap space is only 384. So I would rather be able to have all of the Oracle installation files on CDROMs. Do you (or anyone else) know of a way to accomplish this?

Maybe there is another place on the Internet where I can download a 2 disk version of the installation programs?

Thanks,
Jack

"Joe Bloggs" <joebloggs74_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a665m9$rj5$1_at_knossos.btinternet.com...

> "Jack Sanders" <jack.sanders_at_tinker.af.mil> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > On my MS Windows PC, I downloaded Oracle8i from the OTN web site and
 copied
> > it to a CD. I need to take the CD to my Solaris box and install it on a
 1
> > gig drive on my Solaris box. The 1 gig drive is all the space that I
 have
> > available.
> >
> > The file that I downloaded is named 817solaris.cpio.gz, and it's about
 645
> > megs.
> >
> > I unzipped it on my PC using Winzip and it gave me a file named
> > Sol817_000920_rel.cpio which is about 772 megs.
> >
> > Question: How can I get all of the installation files needed for
 Oracle8i