Re: Installing Oracle using Sol817_000920_rel.cpio

From: Joe Bloggs <joebloggs74_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 22:36:57 +0000 (UTC)

"Jack Sanders" <jack.sanders_at_tinker.af.mil> wrote in message news:dFwh8.161$u4.2364_at_news.ou.edu...
> Hello,
>
> On my MS Windows PC, I downloaded Oracle8i from the OTN web site and
 copied
> it to a CD. I need to take the CD to my Solaris box and install it on a 1
> gig drive on my Solaris box. The 1 gig drive is all the space that I have
> available.
>
> The file that I downloaded is named 817solaris.cpio.gz, and it's about 645
> megs.
>
> I unzipped it on my PC using Winzip and it gave me a file named
> Sol817_000920_rel.cpio which is about 772 megs.
>
> Question: How can I get all of the installation files needed for Oracle8i
> onto CD so that I don't have to use up any of my hard drive space on the
> Solaris box for the install files?
>
> Thanks,
> Jack

Install Microsoft NFS server onto your Windows PC, and then mount the directory on your PC.

Or if you're short of disk space, remove the Solaris swap partition for the duration of the install (swap -d) and use that.

Or try something like Sharity Lite which runs on Solaris and lets you mount a NT share as if it were NFS. Received on Wed Mar 06 2002 - 23:36:57 CET

Original text of this message