simple read-only snapshots or materialised views setting up and maintenance

From: Ian Evans <ievans_at_axa.com.au>
Date: 5 Mar 2002 18:40:15 -0800

I have a need to setup simple snapshots (materialised views) at a target site which is v8.1.7 from a source site of v8.0.6., read-only, not updatable.
We do not have the Replication option installed, obviously because we are not licensed for full replication. Therefore we do not have the DBMS_REPCAT functionality. However, I wish to setup snapshot logs and then snapshots at the target database, followed by creating a refresh group with dba job scheduling attached to this. Do I need to setup a snapshot group?
Where can I detect errors and broken links? Is there any documentation or flowchart to detail this process? ie: I want to complete the whole picture and make sure I have created everything I need and setup any error control. Everything I find in oracle documentation and in news groups appears to discuss master site and master group setup, along with setting up the replication catalog, we I don't have. Am I doing it right? Is there more to the picture?
Many thanks in advance.
Regards, Ian Evans. Received on Wed Mar 06 2002 - 03:40:15 CET

Original text of this message