ORA-01034 Error???

From: Joshua Wolfe <jwolfe_at_mountaintopsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:56:31 -0500

Hello,

    I am new to Oracle and need some help. I just installed Oracle 8.1.6 on a Suse Linux 7.3 Server. After installing, I was able to go into SQL*PLUS and loging, run quries, ect. with no problem. But after restarting the server I get an error message each time I try to login to SQL*PLUS. The message is a follows

ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

Does any one know how I can fix this? I tried executing dbshut and dbstart. dbstart says that the database is started, but I still can't login. Thanks

Josh Received on Tue Mar 05 2002 - 16:56:31 CET

Original text of this message