Deploying a Web Application on the Internet

From: Ashraf <ashrafaj_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Mar 2002 01:42:46 -0800

Hi,

I need your advice on the following.
  We have developed a "External Application Entry" form using Web PL/SQL.
  This form will be deployed on the Internet and anybody in the world having a Internet connection will be able to access this form and Apply Online.
  This form works fine when deployed over the Intranet.

  I need to know the architecture that I need to deploy it over the Internet.
  Right now the packages (Web PL/SQL) are on the Production machine and the client is worried abt the Security.   We are proposing a Web Server which will point to the Production Machine and generate the Web Page using the Packages there.   The client concern is, what will happen if somebody hacks into the Web Server ? Will he be able to access the Production Data ?

  Please let me know as soon as possible.

  Thanx for everything

Ashraf Received on Tue Mar 05 2002 - 10:42:46 CET

Original text of this message