Calculating the number of transactions in Oracle

From: Kinov <kinov_at_freemail.hu>
Date: 5 Mar 2002 09:52:25 -0800

Hi,

I am using Oracle database (7, 8, or 9i). I have an application written in Microsoft Visual C++ (6) that uses the oracle database. I would like to calculate the number of transactions (database access, reads, writes) my program makes to the oracle database.

Since the application can be used with more than 500 clients, and it contains more than 300 functions, in which some of the functions are composed of several SQL statements.

Is there a tool that I could monitor the database access? Or does anyone know a good algorithm that I could use to calculate the number of database access during a specified period?

Also, if there is a way that I could calucualte (estimate) the number of bytes read and written to the database?

Thank you in advance,
regards,
Kinov. Received on Tue Mar 05 2002 - 18:52:25 CET

Original text of this message