Re: Searching addresses

From: Steve M <steve.mcdaniels_at_vuinteractive.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:00:17 -0800

tip:
1) BUY some good software which is U.S. Postal Service certified (CASS). 2) Standardize all addresses using this software prior to insertion into the database

    for example, the human eye can see that your 100 N COLUMBIA PKWY     addresses are really all the same logical address, so you shouldn't have four records

There are way too many variations on the way people submit their addresses, particularly with PO Box and PMBs
Not all addresses are valid / complete -- good software can correct some of this for you.