Update Query

From: Christopher Parker <cparker2_at_jam.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:53:56 GMT

I new to using Oracle, I've been using Access for a long time... so I'm trying to get used to differences in syntax of the different SQL. I'm having a problem with update queries.

I can write a sql statement to update a field in a table for a certain value... even those who match values from another table. The part I haven't been able to find an example of is "How do you write an update of say field 1 of Table A where field 2 equals field 2 from Table B? Also the value for table A.field 1 = table B.field 1"

Curious Received on Sat Mar 02 2002 - 04:53:56 CET

Original text of this message