Upgrade problems

From: Mike Trozzo <lock_and_load62_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 18:58:38 GMT

Hi,

I just updated from 8i Personal Edition to 9i Personal Edition. I'm running on an ME box (I know, I know...*G*).

Since I didn't have anything important here, I uninstalled 8i before installing 9i. 9i itself runs fine, except for a couple of things:

  1. When installing, it asked if I wanted to migrate my old 8i databases (in C:\ORACLE\ORA_HOME81, which apparently was not removed on the uninstall). I said no, and the install said I could use the migration tool later if I so desired. When I go to the Oracle Data Migration Assistant, I get a Usage Error that says: "Usage: dbmig /SID <sid name> / OLDDIR <old database Home>.
  2. When I start up 9i Navigator, and click on Local Database, I get an ORA-01017 error, saying "Invalid username/password; logon denied". when I right-click it and select "Properties", I get: username P08, password ***. Would that mean that there are some old 8i settings still in there?

If anyone can help me with these problems, I will be grateful.

Thanks,
Mike Trozzo

If replying by e-mail, please send it to (my first name)[dot](my last name)[at]verizon[dot]net Received on Fri Mar 01 2002 - 19:58:38 CET

Original text of this message