Re: how to install the odbc driver for oracle9i

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 26 Feb 2002 01:28:14 -0800

"Maarten" <maarten.verburg_at_ict.nl> wrote in message news:<a5fgal$i5a$1_at_tasmania.dev.ict.nl>...
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install the odbc driver for oracle 9i. I've downloaded the
> driver package from the oracle site. The readme file in the downloaded
> package tells me that I need the oracle universal installer and the 'oracle
> net client 9.xxxx'.
>
> My question is whether or not there is an easier way to install a odbc
> driver (like for instance one excecutable file or something :-)
>
> Thanks!!

Most ODBC drivers for Oracle run on top of sqlnet. Installing the client usually doesn't take more than hitting a few buttons.
Hopefully that doesn't bring you in the WAO (Dutch insurance for people who are ill and can't work anymore)

Regards
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

Sybrand Bakker Received on Tue Feb 26 2002 - 10:28:14 CET

Original text of this message