Re: Oracle - Paradox Comparison/Questions

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 02:11:18 GMT

I would have a different concern about Paradox. The primary one being what company is selling it? What company is supporting it? And will there ever be another version of it? The product is a dead end! Both for your company ... and for your resume.

Go out to dice.com and see how many jobs there are for Paradox anything? I just found only 18 in the entire country. There are 4,535 for Oracle. Think if you learn Paradox you will be employable? Think you will have any luck finding new employees that either (A) know it, or (B) want to kill their resumes too? Heck might as well just go out and bang COBOL again.

Then you can get into the substantial differences in scalability, performance, security, and stability.

Daniel Morgan