Re: Intermediate SQL question

From: David Bechtel <davidbechtel_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 14:19:14 GMT

Sorry to stick my nose in here, but isn't MIN(Message) a function to return the minimum value
in the Message column? Assuming that Message is a number. Since this isn't the case, this won't
do what he wanted.

However, If your thought was to return the messages in length order based on what dsaf showed
us, then you would want to calculate the length of the string Message and order the results by that
value.

Also, to get this reference to Message to work, you need to add TMESSAGE to the From clause
and add a Where clause linking the two tables.

Hope this helps,

Dave Bechtel