ORA-01031errors on Windows 2000 server

From: Joe Moore <japlha_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:39:51 -0800

I have an Oracle 8.1.7 database installed on a Windows 2000 server. If I set the init.ora parameter "remote_login_password=none" I cannot connect as sysdba.
I've tried connecting through svrmgrl and sqlplus. Using "connect internal" or "connect / as sysdba" doesn't work
My OS login is a member of the ORA_DBA role and is a local administrator on the box.

If I set the "remote_login_password=true" I can connect using internal but I must specify a password.
Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks
Joe Received on Fri Feb 22 2002 - 21:39:51 CET

Original text of this message