incompatible frequency problem

From: Adam Hapworth <hap_at_mikomi.org>
Date: 22 Feb 2002 08:51:29 -0800

Hello,
  I am writing a report for oracle 8.1 using reports 2.5 at the moment. what I need to do is this:

I use a date card table which has dates which we run our batch jobs. and then another table which holds my information.

q_1 gets BEG_QTR, END_QTR from the date card which are dates and are going to be a single row.

q_2 get CAL_YEAR from the date card which is a date and is going to be a single row (different where clause then above).

q_3 gathers all of the other data from the data table. I also have in this group a function that does a number of caculations on the data.

My problem is in the function that needs to be done for each record of the data table results needs the BEG_QTR, END_QTR, CAL_YEAR for the condtitons in the function.

in the function I call them like bind variables :BEG_QTR, :END_QTR, :CAL_YEAR.
when I run the report I get the "imcompatible frequency" problem.

I am a little new at reports so I am looking for a way to get around this problem so that I can use those dates in my if statments in the function.

Adam Received on Fri Feb 22 2002 - 17:51:29 CET

Original text of this message