HELP with replication for Oracle Lite to Oracle server

From: Darrel Seymour <dsey44_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2002 12:24:18 -0800

I am trying to fix a problem with a program at work written in Visual Basic 6.0 using Oracle replication to replicate local Oracle Lite 4.0 tables to Oracle 8.0.5 tables on our server. The program uses POLITE.REPSVR8 to create a replication object, and I've included some of the code below. We receive no errors in our error handling in the app, and I've had one of our DBA's watch on the server end, and no errors are being created on that end. Unfortunately, I'm not getting much help from the server end because our ITG group doesn't support Oracle Lite and their response is it must be on our end, which is not their problem. The program goes thru the replication process and the process dialog box comes up and shows the animated data being moved back and forth, but when I check the server database via Oracle8 navigator, the data I've added (and verified it is being added) to the local tables has not been added to the oracle8 server tables. Below is a snippet of the code I am using to try and replicate the local tables.

Private mObjReplication As Object
Set mObjReplication = CreateObject _(kReplicationObject) 'POLITE.REPSVR8 For Each varTable In mMasterTable

     Call mObjReplication.SnapshotGroupReset
     DoEvents
     Call mObjReplication.SnapshotGroupAdd(mStrLocalDBUser,  varTable,
kRepOptimumRefresh)
     DoEvents
     If False = mObjReplication.SnapshotGroupRefresh
(kRepContinueOnError) Then

'Show error: Could not refresh snapshot for master data
'This will show if there is an error and kRepStopOnError is used
above instead of kRepContinueOnError Call ShowOracleError(512) Exit Function End If DoEvents

Next varTable

Can anybody out there give me any suggestions in what direction to turn next? I'm definitely not a DBA and unfortunately I've been having to train myself to program over the past 2 to 3 years, and I'm getting a bit worn down by this problem.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Darrel Seymour
Dsey44_at_hotmail.com Received on Wed Feb 20 2002 - 21:24:18 CET

Original text of this message