Re: Find most recent rows, generically?

From: DL <donlcs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2002 20:08:28 -0800

Hi all,

First of all, some clarification is in order: With MS SQL Server, 'identity' serves as an attribute to integer or other numberic data type, it IS NOT a data type by itself, and I never said 'identity' is a data type. Secondly, again, assume we don't know if there's a date column in the table. The question was really, how to determine if Oracle 'sequence' exists for a given column, say, PK column (EMPNO) for EMPLOYEE table, and if so, where to find the 'sequence' numbers for that column (EMPNO)? Thanks.

DL