Re: Enterprise Manager cannot discover node.

From: joyce <joyce.cronin_at_usa.xerox.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2002 05:50:05 -0800

"Allan" <alan_at_int.tele.dk> wrote in message news:<3c6a5c2d$0$89108$edfadb0f_at_dspool01.news.tele.dk>...
> Hi.
>
> I've installed Oracle Enterprise Edition v8.1.7 + Enterprise Manager v2.2
> on Windows XP.
>
> I am not able to make Enterprise Manager Console discover the node it is
> running on itself.
>
> I have checked that the Oracle Intelligent Agent is running and during
> startup of this, it has created ".......\network\agent\services.ora"
> containing statements for ORACLE_NODE, ORACLE_LISTENER and ORACLE_DATABASE.
> Why can the node not be discovered ?????
> Also I have without any luck tried to define the node manually via
> Enterprise Manager Console.
>
> Regards Allan

Allan,

Check the status of the Intelligent Agent using the lsnrctl. Once you open up the listner, you can get a list of valid commands by typing 'help' at the prompt. There are 3 commands connected to the Intelligent agent: dbsnmp_start, dbsnmp_stop and dbsnmp_status. Check the status and then stop and restart the Intelligent agent.

Good luck,
Joyce Received on Tue Feb 19 2002 - 14:50:05 CET

Original text of this message