Online and Offline Backups

From: Dave <david.mather_at_bshg.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2002 04:11:02 -0800

We currently backup oracle 8.0.6 instances online. We have also recovered successfully using these backups in the past. Oracle is always running on our systems 24x7.

Now someone in my department has told me that they have heard 'somewhere' that online backups must also be done from time to time, e.g. once a month. They cannot tell me the reasons why, just that it must be done. Can anyone else tell me if this is correct and the reasons supporting it. Thanks. Received on Mon Feb 18 2002 - 13:11:02 CET

Original text of this message