Help needed for Oracle Open source project

From: preet <preetm_at_c4.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2002 09:09:11 -0800

Hi,

I am starting an open-source project called 'DB Watch' which monitors enterprise databases and it's performance. I have over 6 years of experience in managing enterprise databases. I did a market research of all the currently available tools and found out :

  1. The commercial tools from vendors like BMC, Quest are very expensive.
  2. There are no open source / free tools for databases. I could lot of tools for UNIX , network monitoring etc but i could not find a tool for databases which work across databases.
  3. There is a lot of demand from database professionals for an open source DB monitoring tool.

I looking for Developers to join me in this project. The project is going to be developed in JAVA.

For details, contact me at preetm_at_c4.com

Thanks
Preet

PROJECT SUMMARY

DB Watch is an open-source cross-platform solution to manage e-business availability. DB Watch allows you to keep a watchful eye on your database environment, enabling you to monitor and maintain system availability, reliability, and performance.

A poorly designed or poorly performing application can have a significant operational and financial impact, such as poor customer service, a reduction in brand equity or significant lost revenue.

DBWatch consists of two modules - DBWatch Alerts (DBALERTS) and DBWatch Performance Monitor (PERFMON)

DB Watch works with popular databases like Oracle,SQL Server, DB2, MySQL etc on Linux,Solaris and Windows.

DB Watch is designed for use by DBAs, application developers, and system programmers, in both application development and production environments. Received on Fri Feb 15 2002 - 18:09:11 CET

Original text of this message