PB6.5/Oracle 8.0.4 numeric of value error

From: Colin Finnigan <finnigc_at_labs.wyeth.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2002 09:11:52 -0800

We are running PB6.5 with Oracle 8.0.4 and using the ODBC drivers xxxxx.

We have 2 Stored Procs that for several days will run and then stop running and give the error ORA 06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error.

The interesting thing is that the PB code is calling the Stored Procs 2 different ways. One way is the following: DECLARE p_sort_pending PROCEDURE FOR

        REPRSTR_DBA.P_SORT_PENDING_ASSIGNMENT
USING SQLCA;                          EXECUTE p_sort_pending;

This wont even compile in PB now where it did before.

The other proc is being called by defining it in the transaction object as a local function (RPCFUNC) defined as: subroutine GET_UNIT_HIERARCHY(datetime AASOFDATE,double ABUSINESSUNITTK,string AREPORTTYPE,integer AHIERARCHYLEVEL,integer ASEQUENCENUMBER,string AGROUPID) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "~"REPRSTR_DBA~".~"GET_UNIT_HIERARCHY~"" and called:
SQLCA.Get_Unit_Hierarchy(id_date, ll_butk, is_rpttype, 0, 0, "")

This compiles fine.

The procedures run. I can run them manually or even reverse the code and call the procedures the way the other is being called. Again, they run for a while and then wont run. The DBA's insist they are not doing anything to get them to run again that they are aware of (clearing buffers, recompile, etc.).

The P_SORT_PENDING_ASSIGNMENT proc has no input parameters and inserts some data into a table using a cursor( i can post it if needed ).

The GET_UNIT_HIERARCHY proc has input parameters but no output and also uses a cursor ( again i can post if needed ).

The kicker to the whole thing is that the compiled code runs on Windows2000 desktops but not on our 95/98 desktops.

Aside from upgrading all desktops to Windows2000, any suggestions on settings, drivers, commands, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Colin Received on Thu Feb 14 2002 - 18:11:52 CET

Original text of this message