Linux Solaris Oracle problem

From: Carl <carl_noronha2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2002 22:06:32 -0800

client : 8.1.7 [solaris 2.8]
server : 8.1.6 [linux]

I have developed an oci programs to talk to an oracle server running on an linux machine. But when i read a clob from the client i get and ORA3120 error [integer overflow ]. But when i run the same code with the oracle server running on solaris there is no problem i can read the code.

To be specific ... in the code to read the lob after getting the locator is

1. OCILobOpen
2. OCILobLenght
3. OCILobRead -- this is where it fails.

IS this a problem with differing version of client and server. Can anyone help this is problem is been bothering me for a while now. If u want to know anyother details then i can provide it...

Ritesh Carl Noronha
[Software Programmer] Received on Thu Feb 14 2002 - 07:06:32 CET

Original text of this message