Re: 9i database and Forms4.5 - can't reserve record for update

From: Bhaskar <bvb_rao_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Feb 2002 03:08:56 -0800

"Gerard H. Pille" <ghp_at_skynet.be> wrote in message news:<3C646715.B5A656AE_at_skynet.be>...

> Aca Vasic wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to run forms4.5 apllication on 9i database (on win2000 machine).
> > I have no problem connecting and running application EXCEPT that sometimes I
> > got message: "oracle error: can't reserve record for update". I don't get
> > that message when I run the same application on 7.3 or 8.0.4 database -
> > everything seems to work fine there
> > Am I wrong somewhere, and is it possoble to run forms4.5 application on 9i
> > database?
> > Thanks.

Hello,

This message comes when you have commited a record intermediatly (using POST) and trying to commit permenently (using commit). ( As per my knowledge this is becouse rowid of 7.3 is different from 8 above ). For this the solution is replace ora72.dll in client orawin95/bin with ora72.dll given oracle 8 version (client CD) this sloves your problem. Received on Mon Feb 11 2002 - 12:08:56 CET

Original text of this message