Re: Anyone know of any OCI wrapper classes?

From: Tomislav <shaka_at_envox.hr>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:58:59 +0100

For a simple C++ wrapper, check this out... http://www.codeguru.com/mfc_database/Osql10.shtml It's a good starting point.

For some example of OCI access to Oracle, check these the online help http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/appdev.816/a76975/toc.htm

When you stumble to some problems, web & these groups might help. Oracle discussion forum is also not a bad idea to ask: http://www.oracle.com/forums/homepage.jsp

Oracle has developed C++ wrapper called OCCI, but I think that you must have Oracle 9i installed to make advantage of it. Perhaps only 9i client is enough to use it & connect to remote Oracle 8i Dbase.

Tomislav.
ICQ:42236939 "Real sharpness comes without effort,
No growth without assistance,
No action without reaction,
Now give yourself up and find yourself again."
--

"Crouching tiger, hidden dragon"
"Jim" <jims83cj_at_nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eWH88.4466$td.1431863_at_news2.nash1.tn.home.com... I am looking for something to replace RogueWave on HP UNIX. we are not happy with the support and the licensing fees from RW.

Does anyone know of any C++ tool sets to access Oracle 8i databases? or

Does anyone know of any websites or books where I can find examples of using OCI calls to access Oracle>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
--

Jim Received on Mon Feb 11 2002 - 14:58:59 CET

Original text of this message