Re: Transfering Access 2000 mdb into Oracle 7/8

From: Steve M <steve.mcdaniels_at_vuinteractive.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:15:05 -0800

The errors you are getting may be related to MS-Access field-type incompatibility.

Consider creating the tables in Oracle first. Then append. For those tables which produce errors, check all field types and convert to simpler (i.e., more "oracle-like") fields.

If I remember correctly, even Access has some "export" problems with INTEGERs. Try using only LONGs, TEXTs, and DATEs.