Re: Oracle/X.500 Directory Integration?

From: David Penney <anon_at_noaddress.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 23:58:22 +0000 (UTC)

Richard,

I hope this is useful. I work for MetaMatrix, you could access LDAP joined to Oracle for read & write. Depending upon your environment & goals - out of the box. Even use the LDAP to authorise access to the Oracle database. Be happy to discuss further, take a look at http://www.metamatrix.com & leave a message for my attention when you register. I will watch this thread but the BTOpenworld news server is unreliable. Regards,

              David Penney
              CTO-Europe, MetaMatrix

"Richard Hiester" <rlhiester_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:xgY68.10983$pb.9656_at_nwrddc01.gnilink.net...
> Does anyone know if there is any Oracle functionality which provides
 access
> to an external third-party X.500 Directory using LDAP? I have an Oracle
> database that contains customer account records. I need to get the user
> name and password from the database into my X.500 directory.
 Additionally,
> any changes to the password or user name must also be replicated in my
 X.500