Re: OS authentication with Oracle8i on Windows 2000 Professional

From: Keith Boulton <kboulton_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 06:16:02 -0000

Can't test this at the moment, I deleted my Oracle database at home recently.

However, case may be important ie use: CREATE USER "ORADIPAPA\EDDIE" IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY. Also, if you are using 9i, it may be that it is using an spfile rather than the init.ora file. Have you done 'select name,value from v$parameter where name like 'os_auth%' to check what is actually being used?

> > I thought I'd read in the documentation that you were strongly
 recommended
> > not to do this?
> >
> > timkarnold <timkarnold_at_home.com> wrote in message
> > > However, there is a registry setting - something like

 OSAUTH_DOMAIN_PREFIX
> > > (?)
> > > that can be set to 'false' in which case the domain is not checked.
> > >

> > > "Keith Boulton" <kboulton_at_ntlworld.com> wrote in message

 include