Re: Export

From: Murali <oraclems_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Jan 2002 14:20:17 -0800

adnanans_at_cyber.net.pk (Adnan) wrote in message news:<d29dbd53.0201300804.5f115d8a_at_posting.google.com>...
> I have around 250 GB of total file sizes of my database under Oracle
> 7.3.4 under Sco Unix OpenWare5...
>
> Our company wants to switch the database to Solaris8 with Oracle8i
> Release 3.
>
> How can i make the transfer ...keeping in mind that the only way is
> through Oracle Export & Unix supports only 2GB max filesize.
>
> Regards,
> Adnan

Solaris 8 supports large filesystems by default (i.e., files greater than 2GB in size CAN be created). Create an empty database in 8.1.7, lay out your files and do a full import from the 7.3.4 full export.

Murali
http://www.dbaquest.com/ Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 23:20:17 CET

Original text of this message