Problem with Oracle8i install on SUN

From: Cecil D'Souza <ceecil_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:50:57 GMT

Hi,

After many many attempts to install Oracle 8i on the SUN SPARC 20, I am getting
these errors on every installation attempt. I have Solaris 2.6 and 256 MB, 9.1 GB.
Everything goes well except for these errors that I encounter. I have the executables
/usr/ccs/bin make, ld, ar and nm. I have applied all the patches as stated by the Oracle
install manual.

  1. Fatal: libclntsh.so.80 open failed No such file or dir /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6.2.0/lib/libnjni8.so Error loading native library libnjni8.so Note: this dir was in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH i.e $ORACLE_HOME/lib
  2. While installing Net8 configuration Assistant .Error in invoking target install of makefile
    $ORACLE_HOME/network/ins_net_client.mk
    $ORACLE_HOME/plsql.lib/ins_plsql.mk
    $ORACLE_HOME/ldap/ins.ldap.mk
    $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk
    $ORACLE_HOME/Network/lib/ins_netserver.mk
    $ORACLE_HOME/Network/lib/ins_oemagent.mk
    et.. etc For each of these errors, I clicked ignore and continued. I have in /usr/ccs/bin make, ar, ld and nm executables.
  3. Finally JNLS Exception: Oracle.ntpg.jnls.JNLS Exception Unable to find any National character sets Check your Oracle installation and make sure that the ORACLE_HOME environment variable is defined correctly.

My shmm stats are taken exactly from the Oracle manual. For a home install, is that OK?. My swap file size is about 334000 KBytes.

Would anybody be able to guide me to solve this problem to install and it's taking hours each time to start all over. I have trie about 12 times now.

Thanks

Cecil Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 13:50:57 CET

Original text of this message