Java Stored procedure - Oracle 8i MalformedURLException: unknown protocol : https

From: Sree Pillai <sree_b_pillai_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Jan 2002 16:48:22 -0800

Hello,

I am trying to connect to an https site using a java stored procedure (Oracle 8.1.7). When I try to connect to the https site, I get the following error.

"Malformed URL

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https"

I uploaded JSSE.jar, jcert.jar and jnet.jar using loadjava.

I am dynamically adding the provider and I am setting the property
"java.protocol.handler.pkgs" also.

  Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

     System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
                             "com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");

If I run from the command prompt, the code works.

Thanks for your help.

Sree Pillai Received on Wed Jan 30 2002 - 01:48:22 CET

Original text of this message