Re: ????? Suggestions on Oracle 9i OCP prep ????

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:07:27 +0000

Don't be to quick to jump on Jason Couchman though that was my first instinct, as he may just be accurately reflecting a poorly put together test. I have sent an email asking him to respond to a limited number of questions about errors in the book. I will copy his response to this usenet group if I receive one.

If, in fact, he was just reflecting the test's mistakes it would have been nice if he had pointed such items out where he found them (though probably not politically wise with respect to his relationship with Oracle). We shall see.

Daniel Morgan

Justin wrote:

> Hi, Daniel,
>
> Thank you for the reply, your suggestion saved me lots of time and
> money. I almost bought the Couchman's book the other day. I just don't
> understand, Couchman have had at least 2 editions of the exam books
> published, how badly he can screw up to deserve a .45, assuming there isn't
> much difference between 8i and 9i on SQL part.
>
> Justin
>
> "Daniel A. Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > My advice is that the books (at least the one I have which is "Oracle OCP
> > Introduction to Oracle9i: SQL Exam Guide) is so ripe with factual errors
 as to
> > be a Shakespearean tragedy. I am getting ready to send an email to Jason
> > Couchman and can't quite figure out how to give my impression without
 looking
> > like I'm using a loaded .45.
> >
> > The problem is ... that I don't know if the book is just wrong and the
 test is
> > correct. Or both are incorrect. It could make a huge difference when
 taking the
> > test.
> >
> > This particular book needs to be put out of its misery. To start with ...
 they
> > could have used a spell checker. <g>.
> >
> > Daniel Morgan
> >

> > Justin wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, there,
> > >
> > > I'm thinking about take oracle 9i ocp exam, at least the oca part,
 before
> > > looking for a dba job. Been a programmer too long, tired and laid off.
 Want