Re: How can allow only one user connect to database

From: Slarti <1012-873_at_gmx.de>
Date: 22 Jan 2002 08:24:41 -0800

Never worked with, but what about oracle connection manager? There should be MAXIMUM_RELAYS parameter fits to your needs, if it works on instance level.
Better look up oracle documentation for that stuff.

Second try - what about an AFTER LOGON ON DATABASE Trigger, but you'll to have ADMINISTERDATABASE TRIGGER privilege? Then you could code a check and if another connection is established/active (using a query or specific table for your stuff) you can raise an exception and disconnect, while give back a user defined message. Disadvantage: you can not block connection before trigger execution, so it may be not the right layer to react.

However - I still wonder, what for you could need such kind of restrictions ;-)

Regards