Re: import 8i database into 7.3

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 22 Jan 2002 01:08:32 -0800

hassan_ayub_at_yahoo.com (Hassan Ayub) wrote in message news:<1df2b71.0201210839.46f6dce1_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi there,
> Thanks a lot for you prompt reply, but what I'm talking about
> stand alone application, in which I have Oracle 8i installed on one
> computer and Oracle 8 on another and then I want to import the .dmp
> file exported from Oracle 8i.
> I hope this is clear to you now.
>

> TIA
>

> Hassan

I hope my answer was clear enough and you did understood it. Seems like you suggest I cannot read.
If the two systems can not be connected you are simply STUCK. YOU CANNOT IMPORT A 8I EXPORT INTO 8. PERIOD!!! Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Jan 22 2002 - 10:08:32 CET

Original text of this message