Re: Generic Connectivity

From: sdittbrenner <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2002 10:11:52 -0500

I have the same problem with a 8.1.7 release 3 DB and an odbc-connection to a Visual FoxPro.dbc (with several driver, e.g. version 5 or version 6). A test with the Oracle ODBC-Test is ok. When i am using a database link, i get a correct responds for this statement:

select count(*) from table_at_db_link;

but when i try this statement:

select count(column) from table_at_db_link;

then i get also the error message:

ora-00904: invalid column name

So it seems, that we have the same problem and i think it is a problem with the connection via the hs (perhaps a missing parameter in the initdb_link.ora)

If somebody knows a solution i will say

thank you very,very much stephan