Re: Validate flat file via Oracle

From: Chris <christianboivin1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2002 13:56:23 -0800

Hi,

What you can do is to upload the flat file to your server via FTP,
load it in Oracle via SQLLoader into a temp table do your validation with a PL/SQL on this table and create an error table.
Get the result from the error's table and get back to the client via http

maybe is because i use pl/sql more often then pro*c or i never use utl_file (don't know if its slow) but i know that SQLLoader is quik, and for you, to go back to the client, i think if you have your result formatted in a table, it will be quick.

hth
Chris
(Sorry for my poor english ;-) )