Re: i am facing a problem with row level locking

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_alltel.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2002 09:29:33 -0800

sohelcsc_at_yahoo.com (Leader) wrote in message news:<b1a93c73.0201122153.67affb_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
> i have one table which have only one column and i don't want to allow
> to insert more than one row in that table but i am allowing update query.
> So, how can i implement this in oracle 8i,? Please help me in this regards
>
> thanks
> hoque

Well the description of the problem is very vague.

 IF (BIG IF) you mean that you only ever want one row in the table, then the direct way seems to be to
create the table and insert that one row AND never grant INSERT or DELETE privileges to any accounts that use that table.

OTOH, If you mean something else, please explain more clearly (examples of the table and data would be helpful).

Good luck.

   Ed Received on Mon Jan 14 2002 - 18:29:33 CET

Original text of this message