Re: Difference between oracle 9i & oracle 11i

From: Slarti <1012-873_at_gmx.de>
Date: 14 Jan 2002 04:17:42 -0800

easynitin_at_netscape.net (Nitin Tekchandani) wrote in message news:<bc1ddffc.0201100225.432ba6dd_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi....
> Thnx for the information.
> i believe am more clear now rgding oracle product namin,
> also i have one more query..
> have just started workin on Ora-apps 11.1.5(11i)
> wud like to know people keep talking of Oracle-Financials/Oracle HR
> applications
> so what they mean is working in Oracle-Financials etc.. is to actually
> customize some readymade modules as per their needs (i see lots of
> diiferent readymade modules like for HR/Financials etc.. in my apps
> server)
>
> i have just developed few forms as per my projects req.. & registered
> the database objects & those forms in AOL ....
>
> Thnx..again..
> Nitin
>

> 1012-873_at_gmx.de (Slarti) wrote in message news:<ccb8e3b6.0201090424.45c3d3f4_at_posting.google.com>...
> > easynitin_at_netscape.net (Nitin Tekchandani) wrote in message news:<bc1ddffc.0201082250.3f39201c_at_posting.google.com>...
> > > Hi all,
> > > can some explain me the difference between oracle 9i oracle 11i
> > > versions.
> > > would be thankful if someone can state the difference between
> > > Oracle-Applications 11i & its prevoius version ( was it
> > > Oracle-Applications 9i ?)
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Nitin
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > i think you are a little bit confused about oracle product naming,
> > aren't you? ;-)
> > Nevermind, no one can read as fast as oracle can change names.
> >
> > Oracle 9i (Oracle Server 9i) should be the latest database product -
> > nothing to do with ERP.
> >
> > Maybe there could have been an Applications 9 Release, but surely no
> > 9i - at the beginning of 1999 i already worked with Oracle
> > Applications 10.7; therefore it must have been hundred years ago.
> >
> > On the other hand you're right; The last Application Release was 11i,
> > formerly. Now this product is known as Oracle eBusiness-Suite,
> > however.

Sorry Nitin,

but my last Applications project is long time ago. I (fortunaltely) got out of this department and now focus on other more interesting things (this oracle apps projects only brought me many grey hairs).

This readymade modules should work well, as they are made for this standard software suite; but if you need customized stuff (custom business processes), it's up to you handling this and you will have to modify many trigger, procs or forms - except of standard apps templates (forms, reports).
One time i developed an extension (a special module for public authorities) on apps 10.7 for oracle invoking AP, AR and GL.

I do not have experienced with 11i, so...

Good luck ;-) Received on Mon Jan 14 2002 - 13:17:42 CET

Original text of this message