Re: Opinions: Upgrade from Oracle 7.3.4 to Oracle 9?

From: Don Seiler <don.seiler_at_cellcom.com>
Date: 8 Jan 2002 11:05:22 -0800

We are running HP-UX 11.00 on an HP L2000. It is a billing app with over 100 users from across the state. Availability needs to be 24/7 with the exception of scheduled upgrades etc.

But I don't quite see how that matters. All I want to know is do you think it is more worth it to upgrade to Oracle 8/8i/9i from Oracle 7.3.4.5 given the potential headaches/bugs that might come with each.

Thanks,
Don.