Re: Using SQL output in shell scripts

From: andrija <ar35644_at_fer.hr>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:43:24 +0100

> What is the easiest way to use the output of a SQL statement in a shell
> script? I would like to be able to send an e-mail to tech support whenever
> the row count of a specific table exceeds a threshold value. Any help is
> appreciated.
>
> ...Mike

I was doing something like that (sending mail from shell scripts). I did the standard spool into a file, and then a lot of grep, awk, tail, head and stuff like that to get the required information, so I can decide wether to send mail. But, that's not very good approach. Now I always send mail from procedure from database. Received on Mon Jan 07 2002 - 11:43:24 CET

Original text of this message