Re: Oracle 8.1.7 and Memory????

From: Tarjei T. Jensen <tarjei.jensen_at_kvaerner.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:06:34 +0100

Stephanie wrote in message
<2d7a48ee.0112180617.392fdaa3_at_posting.google.com>...
>After upgrading to Version 8.1.7, we're having some interesting
>issues. We're seeing error message ORA-06530: Reference to
>uninitialized composite, and then shortly after, we SOMETIMES see
>error message ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate
>5999952 bytes (callheap,bind var buf).

What operating system is this running on? This error could be caused by you a) not having enough virtual memory available (ram+swap) or b) the process runs out of memory. Both can be fixed relatively easy. If it is the latter problem, many operating systems allow you to change the limit. However you may have to reboot after doing this.

greetings, Received on Thu Jan 03 2002 - 15:06:34 CET

Original text of this message