Can't install download 9i on w2k

From: Peter Chatterton <chatt_at_millcomm.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 21:30:37 -0500

I'm installing the 9i download enterprise edition on W2K.

The following is a copy/paste from the help file: <<
Entering the Database Password (NT) or Database Home Locations (UNIX) and INIT.ORA File Location

For Windows NT: Enter the SYSDBA password for the database. If you do not know the password, contact your Database Administrator.

Location of INIT<SID>.ORA file for the selected database instance. The initialization parameter file INIT<SID>.ORA must exist for a database instance to start. INIT<SID>.ORA is a text file containing a list of instance configuration parameters. This file is usually located in the %ORACLE_HOME%\DATABASE directory. If you cannot find this file, contact your Database Administrator.

What is the SYSDBA pw?
I can't find the SID in the environment var's or the registry. The .ORA file is not in that directory.

Thanks for your help,
Peter.
chatt_at_millcomm.com Received on Wed Jan 02 2002 - 03:30:37 CET

Original text of this message