Re: Schema Design Question

From: KC Cheng <gogcheng_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 09:38:12 +0800

Is it possible to concat all data, with a special character between each data, into one varchar2 field, and store the definition of the input type in another table.

Table 1

Input Type  Sequence  Name       DataType
-----------  ----------  ------       ----------
1                1               Name       String
1                2               DOB        Date
1                3               Sal            Int
2                1               company   String

Table 2
Input Type Data

1                   a&12/12/2001&3000
1                   b&12/13/2001&4000
2                   a&12&1.2&5

Store procedure may be required.

It's just my idea on this question, please advise is it feasible.

KC