Performance?

From: David A. Levy <david.a.levy_at_rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 07:11:13 GMT

If your installation is only required for school/learning processes Maarten, I would think that performance will not be a significant issue for you. You'd be best off just sticking to the O/S you are most comfortable with.

You could try any of the various Unix flavors, or better yet if you are a student and need to use one machine for a lot of things, Windows NT/2000/XP. As far as Windows XP goes, I have installed Oracle 8.1.7 on two XP machines with no O/S related problems. I have not tried 9i yet.

David. Received on Fri Dec 28 2001 - 08:11:13 CET

Original text of this message