Re: How to write this QUERY

From: Shahzad Latif <shai_02_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Dec 2001 09:25:44 -0800

> (1) ID_STR and PRIORITY from A
 Select * from A
> (2) TITLE From concerned table based on the ID_STR (first two chars

>     signify the table eg KK points to T2 followed by three digit
>     ID)

Select title from
A, (select id, title, 'JJ' as code from T1 union
select id, title, 'KK' as code from T2
union
select id, title, 'LL' as code from T3) B where
substr(A.id_str,1,2) = B.code (+)
and to_number(substr(A.id_str,3,length(A.id_str))) = B.id (+)

I didn't test the query, but you can get the idea. (+) is to take care of all your nulls. Remove it if you dont want to see nulls. Secondly, confirm the parameters of "substr".

Shahzad Received on Tue Dec 25 2001 - 18:25:44 CET

Original text of this message